Rachel is getting adjusted to sleeping in a toddler bed and not in a crib. I caught her with her foot on top of the railing a few times so I knew she was starting to climb out. It was time to transition her anyways because of the baby coming. We want to use her crib instead of buying a new one for baby boy Alex.
Although, with this new found freedom of hers, she realized that she could get out of her bed and roam around her room. We had to remove everything from the drawers and make sure her room was safe. It also helps that we have a video camera so I can see what she is doing. One of the things I found her doing is going back and forth from her bed to her bookcase. She ended up falling asleep in her bed with about 20 books plus all her stuffed animals. Needless to say we had to slowly remove the books from her room and only leave a few. She would not nap and spend the whole time reading them/talking to herself if I left them in the room. Even to this day, it's been about a month now, she will skip naps and sit in her bed reading to herself (sigh).
No comments:
Post a Comment