
Alex loves wearing his sister's old PINK backpack. It's hilarious because he insists on wearing it while playing. Here he is wearing it while he colors on the easel.
I should give updates on his 15 month stats considering he will be 16 months soon. Here goes...
Alex is finally starting to get the hang of walking. He has been cruising along the furniture, walls, etc. for a long time but wouldn't let go. He finally started to let go and take a couple of steps and then fall down, going back to crawling again. That started about a week after he turned 15 months. Fast forward 2 weeks later and he will walk across the room before falling down and then to crawling. When he wants to get somewhere fast (like the kitchen if he hears the pantry open), he will crawl. I think he feels the most comfortable with that still and does everything fast, so walking just slows him down. I have to laugh because he is a spirited toddler boy. Very loud, physical, and highly demanding. Rachel was never this high maintenance and yes she had and still does have her moments, however Alex is totally different. I don't know if it's the second child thing or the fact that he's a boy and I'm just not use to that. Man he can drive me nuts some days with these tantrums. At the same time though he is still a cuddly little guy and is very much so a mama's boy. I have to say that he is going through some separation anxiety and I know it's common at this age. Plus it seemed to get worse when we came back from our Seattle trip, so I don't know if he thinks I'm going to leave him again. Who knows!
I do know his stats, still 10% in weight and height. He is only 21 lbs and is a short little thing. Richard calls him our runt. Rachel got Richard's long legs and unfortunately I think Alex got my short legs, but he's still young so we'll see how it works out. He also has a 4 teeth up top, and 4 teeth on bottom, plus 2 molars that recently came in over the last few weeks. He loves to say mama for everything...it's his "I want" phrase. I know it's so hard for him to communicate which explains why he gets very frustrated a lot. I am really working hard on him trying to communicate "more" or "snack." When he wants to eat he says, "mama" and points to the pantry or will open it up if the door is cracked. The problem with this is I hear the word "mama" all day long. It drives me nuts, because if I don't answer to him right away he gets more demanding and louder. Which brings me to my other thought, his diet. I don't know how he is so small because he wants to eat all the time. For example, he drinks his whole cup of milk, eats a whole banana, 4 mini waffles, and a handful of blueberries for breakfast and then wants to eat again an hour or so later. I feel like I'm always in the kitchen! And all hell will break loose if we are out and about and I don't have a snack for him regardless if he just ate before leaving the house.
He does say a few things, like mama, dada, ball, dog, bye bye, nite nite, and uh oh. He tries to say sister, water, lola (one of our dogs). He likes to make the sounds for dog (ruff ruff), duck (quack, quack), car (vroom), and dinosaur (roar). Because he watches TV with his sister, something that is pretty unavoidable with the second kid, he likes Mickey Mouse (his favorite show), Dora, Cars, and Wall-E. He can even say Dora and Wall-E.
He loves to dance and clap to music, play peek-a-boo, and look at books. He also loves to bother his sister and mess up her train tracks. That's what brothers are for.
No comments:
Post a Comment